Cars93 data frame has 93 rows and 27 columns.
Cars were selected at random from among 1993 passenger car models that were listed in both the Consumer Reports issue and the PACE Buying Guide. Pickup trucks and Sport/Utility vehicles were eliminated due to incomplete information in the Consumer Reports source. Duplicate models (e.g., Dodge Shadow and Plymouth Sundance) were listed at most once. Further description can be found in Lock (1993).
This data frame contains the following columns:
Type: a factor with levels
- Minimum Price (in \$1,000): price for a basic version.
Midrange Price (in \$1,000): average of
- Maximum Price (in \$1,000): price for “a premium version”.
- City MPG (miles per US gallon by EPA rating).
- Highway MPG.
- Air Bags standard. Factor: none, driver only, or driver & passenger.
- Drive train type: rear wheel, front wheel or 4WD; (factor).
- Number of cylinders (missing for Mazda RX-7, which has a rotary engine).
- Engine size (litres).
- Horsepower (maximum).
- RPM (revs per minute at maximum horsepower).
- Engine revolutions per mile (in highest gear).
- Is a manual transmission version available? (yes or no, Factor).
- Fuel tank capacity (US gallons).
- Passenger capacity (persons)
- Length (inches).
- Wheelbase (inches).
- Width (inches).
- U-turn space (feet).
- Rear seat room (inches) (missing for 2-seater vehicles).
- Luggage capacity (cubic feet) (missing for vans).
- Weight (pounds).
- Of non-USA or USA company origins? (factor).
- Combination of Manufacturer and Model (character).
Venables, W. N. and Ripley, B. D. (1999) Modern Applied Statistics with S-PLUS. Third Edition. Springer.