A population of women who were at least 21 years old, of Pima Indian heritage and living near Phoenix, Arizona, was tested for diabetes according to World Health Organization criteria. The data were collected by the US National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. We used the 532 complete records after dropping the (mainly missing) data on serum insulin.
Pima.tr Pima.tr2 Pima.te
The training set
Pima.tr contains a randomly selected set of 200
Pima.te contains the remaining 332 subjects.
Pima.tr plus 100 subjects with
missing values in the explanatory variables.
These data frames contains the following columns:
- number of pregnancies.
- plasma glucose concentration in an oral glucose tolerance test.
- diastolic blood pressure (mm Hg).
- triceps skin fold thickness (mm).
- body mass index (weight in kg/(height in m)\(^2\)).
- diabetes pedigree function.
- age in years.
No, for diabetic according to WHO criteria.