This data frame contains the responses of 237 Statistics I students at the University of Adelaide to a number of questions.
The components of the data frame are:
The sex of the student. (Factor with levels
- span (distance from tip of thumb to tip of little finger of spread hand) of writing hand, in centimetres.
- span of non-writing hand.
writing hand of student. (Factor, with levels
“Fold your arms! Which is on top” (Factor, with levels
"R on L",
"L on R",
- pulse rate of student (beats per minute).
‘Clap your hands! Which hand is on top?’ (Factor, with levels
how often the student exercises. (Factor, with levels
how much the student smokes. (Factor, levels
- height of the student in centimetres.
whether the student expressed height in imperial
(feet/inches) or metric (centimetres/metres) units. (Factor, levels
- age of the student in years.
Venables, W. N. and Ripley, B. D. (1999) Modern Applied Statistics with S-PLUS. Third Edition. Springer.