Makes the fields and methods of an Object accessable via the \$ and the [[ operator
Makes the fields and methods of an Object accessable via the
operator. This method is never called explicitly, but through an indirect
usage of the
$ operator, e.g.
1) This method will first search for a
get method, e.g. if
name has the value
getAge() will be looked for.
If such a method exists it will be called with the Object as the first
and only argument, e.g.
get is only looked for if
is not a private
field. A private field is a name beginning with a
(period). The rational for this naming convention is to be consistent
ls() works, which will not list such members
2) If no such method exists, first then, this method will look a field in
the Object can has the name
3) If such neither exists, a method with name
name will be
searched for and returned.
4) Otherwise, a static field will be looked for.
5) If no fields or methods are found at all,
NULL is returned.
"$"(this, name) "[["(this, name)
- The name of the field or method to be accessed.
For more information see