Function for importing the contents of an ARC file into R
This function reads and imports into R the contents of an arcs definition file.
get.arcdata(datadir, coverage, filename="arc.adf")
- Directory under which all the coverages and a directory called 'info' are.
- The name of the coverage we want to work with.
- The name of the file in the coverage directory that stores the data. By default, it is called 'arc.dat'.
This function returns a list with two elements. The first one is a data
frame containing the next fields (by columns):
- A number that identifies this arc.
- Identifier defined by the user.
- The node where the arc begins.
- The node where the arc finishes.
- The number of the polygon that is to the left of the arc.
- The number of the polygon that is to the right of the arc.
- The number of vertices the arc has. The second element is a list that stores the vertices of the arc. So, each element in this list is also a list of two arrays: the first for the X coordinates and the secod for the Y coordinates.
Looks like there are no examples yet.