Rcmdr Utility Functions
These functions support writing additions to the Rcmdr package. Additional R code
can be placed in files with file type
.R in the
of the package. Add menus, submenus, and menu items by editing the file
Rcmdr-menus.txt in the same directory.
activeDataSet(dsname) activeModel(model) doItAndPrint(command) justDoIt(command) is.valid.name(x) listDataSets(envir = .GlobalEnv, ...) listGeneralizedLinearModels(envir = .GlobalEnv, ...) listLinearModels(envir = .GlobalEnv, ...) logger(command)
- a character string that evaluates to an R command.
- the name of a data frame, as a character string; if not specified, the name of the active data set is returned. If there is no active data set, then an error dialog is generated.
- the environment to be searched; should generally be left at the default.
- the name of a model, as a character string; if not specified, the name of the active model is returned. If there is no active model, then an error dialog is generated.
- a putative R object name, as a character string.
logger control the
execution, logging, and printing of commands generated by menus and dialogs.
command to the log window and, with the pseudo-prompt
R-cmdr>, to the R session window.
to be executed.
doItAndPrint(command) does both of these operations.
is.valid.name checks whether a character string specifies a valid name
for an R object, returning
The other functions are self-explanatory.