Read Tree File in CAIC Format
This function reads one tree from a CAIC file. A second file containing branch lengths values may also be passed (experimental).
read.caic(file, brlen = NULL, skip = 0, comment.char = "#", ...)
- a file name specified by either a variable of mode character, or a double-quoted string.
- a file name for the branch lengths file.
- the number of lines of the input file to skip before beginning to read data (this is passed directly to scan()).
- a single character, the remaining of the line after this character is ignored (this is passed directly to scan()).
- Further arguments to be passed to scan().
Read a tree from a file in the format used by the CAIC and MacroCAIc program.
- an object of class
The branch length support is still experimental and was not fully tested.
Purvis, A. and Rambaut, A. (1995) Comparative analysis by independent contrasts (CAIC): an Apple Macintosh application for analysing comparative data. CABIOS, 11 :241--251.
### The same example than in read.tree, without branch lengths. ### An extract from Sibley and Ahlquist (1990) cat("AAA","Strix_aluco","AAB","Asio_otus", "AB","Athene_noctua","B","Tyto_alba", file = "ex.tre", sep = "") tree.owls <- read.caic("ex.tre") plot(tree.owls) tree.owls unlink("ex.tre") # delete the file "ex.tre"