Adjacent or analogous colors
Adjacent color schemes use colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. These colors usually match well and create comfortable designs.
adjacent(color, plot = TRUE, bg = "white", labcol = NULL, cex = 0.8, title = TRUE)
- an R color name or a color in hexadecimal notation
- logical value indicating whether to plot a color wheel with the generated scheme
- background color of the plot. Used only when
- color for the labels (i.e. names of the
colors). Used only when
- numeric value indicating the character expansion of the labels
- logical value indicating whether to display
a title in the plot. Used only when
The analogous colors are obtained following a color wheel with 12 colors, each one spaced at 30 degrees from each other.
A character vector with the given color and the analogous
colors in hexadecimal notation
# analogous colors of 'red' adjacent("red", plot = FALSE) # analogous colors of 'tomato' with default color wheel analogous("tomato") # analogous colors of '#606FEF' with darker background adjacent("#606FEF", bg = "gray20")