Attempts to install a package directly from GitHub.
This function is vectorised on
repo so you can install multiple
packages in a single command.
install_github(repo, username = NULL, ref = "master", subdir = NULL, auth_token = github_pat(quiet), host = "api.github.com", force = FALSE, quiet = FALSE, ...)
- Repository address in the format
username/repo[/subdir][@ref|#pull]. Alternatively, you can specify
refusing the respective parameters (see below); if both are specified, the values in
- User name. Deprecated: please include username in the
- Desired git reference. Could be a commit, tag, or branch
name, or a call to
github_pull. Defaults to
- subdirectory within repo that contains the R package.
- To install from a private repo, generate a personal
access token (PAT) in
https://github.com/settings/tokensand supply to this argument. This is safer than using a password because you can easily delete a PAT without affecting any others. Defa
- GitHub API host to use. Override with your GitHub enterprise
hostname, for example,
- Force installation even if the git SHA1 has not changed since the previous install.
TRUEsuppresses output from this function.
- Other arguments passed on to
Attempting to install from a source repository that uses submodules
raises a warning. Because the zipped sources provided by GitHub do not
include submodules, this may lead to unexpected behaviour or compilation
failure in source packages. In this case, cloning the repository manually
args="--recursive" may yield
install_github("klutometis/roxygen") install_github("wch/ggplot2") install_github(c("rstudio/httpuv", "rstudio/shiny")) install_github(c("email@example.com", "klutometis/roxygen#142", "mfrasca/r-logging/pkg")) # Update devtools to the latest version, on Linux and Mac # On Windows, this won't work - see ?build_github_devtools install_github("hadley/devtools") # To install from a private repo, use auth_token with a token # from https://github.com/settings/tokens. You only need the # repo scope. Best practice is to save your PAT in env var called # GITHUB_PAT. install_github("hadley/private", auth_token = "abc")