Find all dependencies of a CRAN or dev package.
Find all the dependencies of a package and determine whether they are ahead
or behind CRAN. A
print() method identifies mismatches (if any)
between local and CRAN versions of each dependent package; an
update() method installs outdated or missing packages from CRAN.
package_deps(pkg, dependencies = NA, repos = getOption("repos"), type = getOption("pkgType"))
dev_package_deps(pkg = ".", dependencies = NA, repos = getOption("repos"), type = getOption("pkgType"), force_deps = FALSE, quiet = FALSE)
## S3 method for class 'package_deps': update(object, ..., quiet = FALSE, upgrade = TRUE)
- A character vector of package names. If missing, defaults to the name of the package in the current directory.
- Which dependencies do you want to check?
Can be a character vector (selecting from "Depends", "Imports",
"LinkingTo", "Suggests", or "Enhances"), or a logical vector.
TRUEis shorthand for "Depends", "Imports", "LinkingTo" and "Sugg
- A character vector giving repositories to use.
- Type of package to
update. If "both", will switch automatically to "binary" to avoid interactive prompts during package installation.
- whether to force installation of dependencies even if their SHA1 reference hasn't changed from the currently installed version.
TRUE, suppress output.
- Additional arguments passed to
TRUE, also upgrade any of out date dependencies.
packageThe dependent package's name,
installedThe currently installed version,
availableThe version available on CRAN,
diffAn integer denoting whether the locally installed version of the package is newer (1), the same (0) or older (-1) than the version currently available on CRAN. }
package_deps("devtools") # Use update to update any out-of-date dependencies update(package_deps("devtools"))