Release package to CRAN.
Run automated and manual tests, then ftp to CRAN.
release(pkg = ".", check = TRUE, args = NULL)
- package description, can be path or package name. See
as.packagefor more information
TRUE, run checking, otherwise omit it. This is useful if you've just checked your package and you're ready to release it.
- An optional character vector of additional command
line arguments to be passed to
R CMD build.
The package release process will:
- Confirm that the package passes
R CMD check
- Ask if you've checked your code on win-builder
- Confirm that news is up-to-date
- Confirm that DESCRIPTION is ok
- Ask if you've checked packages that depend on your package
- Build the package
- Submit the package to CRAN, using comments in "cran-comments.md"
You can also add arbitrary extra questions by defining an (un-exported)
release_questions() that returns a character vector
of additional questions to ask.
You also need to read the CRAN repository policy at
release tries to automate as
many of polices as possible, but it's impossible to be completely
comprehensive, and they do change in between releases of devtools.
If a devtools bug causes one of the CRAN maintainers to treat you impolitely, I will personally send you a handwritten apology note. Please forward me the email and your address, and I'll get a card in the mail.