Example training data set
The data set after preprocessing, which resulted in 29 inptus. Original data set was obtained in literature survey with 298 inputs. Input: chemical descriptors and characteristics of 8 PLGA microparicles formulation. Output: mean particle size of PLGA microparticles Number of attributes 29, single output.
Literature survey yielded 68 formulations of PLGA microspheres with protein as active pharmaceuticla ingridient. In vitro release profiles as well as formulation characteristics and composition were derived from articles. Chemical descriptors were obtained using Marvin ChemAxon software (cxcalc plugin). The final data base consisted of 298 inputs and single output mean particle size.
- Kang F, Singh J. Effect of additives on the release of a model protein from PLGA microspheres. AAPS PharmSciTech 2001(2)4, 1-7
- Zhou XL et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profiles of recombinant human erythropoietin-loaded poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres in rats. ActaPharmSinica 2012(33), 137-144
- Dongmei F et al. Mesoporous Silicon-PLGA Composite Microspheres for the Double Controlled Release of Biomolecules for Orthopedic Tissue Engineering. Adv Funct Mater 2012(22), 282-293.
- Kim T.H. et al. Pegylated recombinant human epidermal growth factor (rhEGF) for sustained release from biodegradable PLGA microspheres. Biomater 2002,23, 2311-2317.
- Blanco D et al. Protein encapsulation and release from poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microspheres: effect of the protein and polymer properties and of the co-encapsulation of surfactants. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 1998, 45, 285-294.
- Morita T et al. Applicability of various amphiphilic polymers to the modification of protein release kinetics from biodegradable reservoir-type microspheres. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2001, 51, 45-53.
- Mok H et al. Water free microencapsulation of proteins within PLGA microparticles by spray drying using PEG assisted protein solubilization technique in organic solvent. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2008, 70, 137-144.
- Buske J et al. Influence of PEG in PEG-PLGA microspheres on particle properties and protein release. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2012, 81, 57-63.
- Corrigan OI et al. Quantifying drug release from PLGA nanoparticulates. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2009, 37, 477-485.
- Puras G. et al. Encapsulation of A-beta-(1-15) in PLGA microparticles enhances serum antibody response in mice immunized by subcutaneous and intranasal routes. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2011 44, 200-206
- Tran VT et al. Protein loaded PLGA PEG PLGA microspheres A tool for cell therapy. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012, 45, 128-137.
- Kim HK et al. Microencapsulation of dissociable human growth hormone aggregates within poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) microparticles for sustained release. Int J Pharm. 2001, 229, 107-116
- Han Y et al. Insulin nanoparticle preparation and encapsulation into poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres by using an anhydrous system. Int J Pharm. 2009, 378, 159-166
- Liu Q et al. In vitro and in vivo study of thymosin alpha1 biodegradable in situ forming poly(lactide-co-glycolide) implants. Int J Pharm. 2010, 397, 122-129.
- He J et al. Stabilization and encapsulation of recombinant human erythropoietin into PLGA microspheres using human serum albumin as a stabilizer. Int J Pharm. 2011, 416, 69-76.
- Gasper MM et al. Formulation of L-asparaginase-loaded poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles: influence of polymer properties on enzyme loading, activity and in vitro release. J Control Release. 1998, 52, 53-62.
- Kawashima Y et al. Pulmonary delivery of insulin with nebulized DL-lactide/glycolide copolymer (PLGA) nanospheres to prolong hypoglycemic effect. J Control Release. 1999, 62, 279-287.
- Geng Y et al. Formulating erythropoietin-loaded sustained-release PLGA microspheres without protein aggregation. J Control Release. 2008, 130, 259-265.
- Ungaro F et al. Insulin-loaded PLGA/cyclodextrin large porous particles with improved aerosolization properties: in vivo deposition and hypoglycaemic activity after delivery to rat lungs. J Control Release. 2009, 135(1), 25-34.
- Iwata M et al. In vitro and in vivo release properties of brilliant blue and tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) from poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) multiphase microspheres. J Microencapsul. 1999, 16(6), 777-792.
- Jiang HL et al. Improvement of protein loading and modulation of protein release from poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microspheres by complexation of proteins with polyanions. J Microencapsul. 2004, 21(6), 615-624
- Pirooznia N et al. Encapsulation of alpha-1 antitrypsin in PLGA nanoparticles: in vitro characterization as an effective aerosol formulation in pulmonary diseases. J Nanobiotechnology. 2012, 10(1), 20-35.
- Castellanos IJ et al. Effect of cyclodextrins on alpha-chymotrypsin stability and loading in PLGA microspheres upon S/O/W encapsulation. J Pharm Sci. 2006, 95(4), 849-858.
- Brodbeck KJ et al. Sustained release of human growth hormone from PLGA solution depots. Pharm Res. 2009, 16(12), 1825-1829.
library(fscaret) data(dataset.train) dataset.train