An updated and expanded version of the mammals sleep dataset.
This is an updated and expanded version of the mammals sleep dataset. Updated sleep times and weights were taken from V. M. Savage and G. B. West. A quantitative, theoretical framework for understanding mammalian sleep. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 104 (3):1051-1056, 2007.
Additional variables order, conservation status and vore were added from wikipedia.
A data frame with 83 rows and 11 variables
- name. common name
- vore. carnivore, omnivore or herbivore?
- conservation. the conservation status of the animal
- sleep\_total. total amount of sleep, in hours
- sleep\_rem. rem sleep, in hours
- sleep\_cycle. length of sleep cycle, in hours
- awake. amount of time spent awake, in hours
- brainwt. brain weight in kilograms
- bodywt. body weight in kilograms