Basic Internal Plot Function
This is the internal function that does the basic plotting of points and lines. Usually, one should rather use the higher level functions instead and refer to their help pages for explanation of the arguments.
plot.xy(xy, type, pch = par("pch"), lty = par("lty"), col = par("col"), bg = NA, cex = 1, lwd = par("lwd"), ...)
- A four-element list as results from
- 1 character code: see
NULLis accepted as a synonym for
- character or integer code for kind of points, see
- line type code, see
- color code or name, see
NULLmeans colour 0.
- background (fill) color for the open plot symbols 21:25:
- character expansion.
- line width, also used for (non-filled) plot symbols, see
- further graphical parameters such as
lwd may be vectors and may be recycled, depending on
specifics. In particular note that
lwd is treated as a vector
for points and as a single (first) value for lines.
cex is a numeric factor in addition to
affects symbols and characters as drawn by
points.default # to see how it calls "plot.xy(xy.coords(x, y), ...)"