Draw a Y-Axis
These functions create and draw a y-axis.
grid.yaxis(at = NULL, label = TRUE, main = TRUE, edits = NULL, name = NULL, gp = gpar(), draw = TRUE, vp = NULL)yaxisGrob(at = NULL, label = TRUE, main = TRUE, edits = NULL, name = NULL, gp = gpar(), vp = NULL)
- A numeric vector of y-value locations for the tick marks.
- A logical value indicating whether to draw the labels
on the tick marks, or an expression or character vector which
specify the labels to use. If not logical, must be the same
length as the
- A logical value indicating whether to draw the axis
at the left (
TRUE) or at the right (
FALSE) of the viewport.
- A gEdit or gEditList containing edit operations
to apply (to the children of the axis)
when the axis is first created and during redrawing
- A character identifier.
- An object of class
gpar, typically the output from a call to the function
gpar. This is basically a list of graphical parameter settings.
- A logical value indicating whether graphics output should be produced.
- A Grid viewport object (or
Both functions create a yaxis grob (a graphical object describing a
yaxis), but only
draws the yaxis (and then only if
A yaxis grob.
grid.yaxisreturns the value invisibly.
at slot of an xaxis grob is not
the xaxis will have the following children:
- representing the line at the base of the tick marks.
- representing the tick marks.
- representing the tick labels.
NULLthen there are no children and ticks are drawn based on the current viewport scale.