Create a Hexgon Grid
Creates a hexagon grid that can be added to a plot created with grid graphics.
hexGraphPaper(hb, xbnds = NULL, ybnds = NULL, xbins = 30, shape = 1, add = TRUE, fill.edges = 1, fill = 0, border = 1)
hgridcent(xbins, xbnds, ybnds, shape, edge.add = 0)
- a object of class
"hexbin", typically produced by
- xbnds, ybnds
- horizontal and vertical limits of the binning region in x or y units respectively; must be numeric vector of length 2.
- the number of bins partitioning the range of xbnds.
- the shape = yheight/xwidth of the plotting regions.
- a logical value indicating whether or not to add the grid to the current plot.
- integer number of hexagons to add around the border
- the fill color for the hexagons
- the color of the border of the hexagons
- offset (typically
fill.edgesabove) used in
If a hexbin object is given then the parameters xbins and shape are
ignored. Different bounds can still be specified. The
parameter should be an integer.
fill.edges takes the current
grid and adds a layer of hexagons around the grid for each level of
fill. So for example if
fill.edges= 2 than the dimensions of
the grid would be
hgridcent() is the utility function computing the resulting
list (see section
WARNING! If using a hexVP be sure to set clip to "on", otherwise the hexagon grid will bleed over the plot edges.
- Invisibly returns a list with th following components
x The x coordinates of the grid y the y coordinates of the grid dimen a vector of length 2 gining the rows and columns of the grid dx the horizontal diameter of the hexagons dy the vertical diameter of the hexagons
x <- rnorm(10000) y <- rnorm(10000,x,x) hbin <- hexbin(x,y) hvp <- plot(hbin,type="n") pushHexport(hvp$plot,clip="on") hexGraphPaper(hbin,border=grey(.8)) grid.hexagons(hbin)