The hms package provides a simple class for storing durations or time-of-day values and displaying them in the hh:mm:ss format. This class is intended to simplify data exchange with databases, spreadsheets, and other data sources:
- Stores values as a numeric vector that contains the number of seconds since midnight
- Supports construction from explicit hour, minute, or second values
- Supports coercion to and from various data types, including
- Can be used as column in a data frame
- Based on the
- Values can exceed the 24-hour boundary or be negative
- By default, fractional seconds up to a microsecond are displayed, regardless of the value of the
The following example showcases ways of using the
hms class standalone or as a data frame column.
Please note that the ‘hms’ project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By contributing to this project, you agree to abide by its terms.