HAART and Survival in HIV Patients
Survival data measured in 1200 HIV positive patients. Start of follow-up is HIV seroconversion. Each row corresponds to a 100 day interval of follow-up time, using the counting process notation. Patients can initiate HAART therapy. CD4 count is a confounder for the effect of HAART on mortality.
These data were simulated.
Patients can initiate HAART at
fuptime=0. Therefore, to allow the fitting of a model predicting initiation of HAART, starting time for the first interval within each patient is negative (-100).
- patient ID
- starting time for each interval of follow-up, measured in days since HIV seroconversion
- end time for each interval of follow-up, measured in days since HIV seroconversion
- indicator for the initiation of HAART therapy at the end of the interval (0=HAART not initiated/1=HAART initiated).
- indicator for death at the end of the interval (0=alive/1=died)
- sex (0=male/1=female)
- age at the start of follow-up (years)
- square root of CD4 count, measured at fuptime, before
Van der Wal W.M. & Geskus R.B. (2011). ipw: An R Package for Inverse Probability Weighting. Journal of Statistical Software, 43(13), 1-23. http://www.jstatsoft.org/v43/i13/.
#see ?ipwtm for example