Create a Class Definition
Constructs an object of class
to describe a particular class. Mostly a utility function, but you can
call it to create a class definition without assigning it, as
setClass would do.
makeClassRepresentation(name, slots=list(), superClasses=character(), prototype=NULL, package, validity, access, version, sealed, virtual=NA, where)
- character string name for the class
- named list of slot classes as would be supplied to
setClass, but without the unnamed arguments for superClasses if any.
- what classes does this class extend
- an object providing the default data for the class,
e.g., the result of a call to
- The character string name for the package in which
the class will be stored; see
- Optional validity method. See
validObject, and the discussion of validity methods in the reference.
- Access information. Not currently used.
- Optional version key for version control. Currently generated, but not used.
- Is the class sealed? See
- Is this known to be a virtual class?
- The environment from which to look for class definitions needed (e.g., for slots or superclasses). See the discussion of this argument under GenericFunctions.
Chambers, John M. (2008) Software for Data Analysis: Programming with R Springer. (For the R version.)
Chambers, John M. (1998) Programming with Data Springer (For the original S4 version.)