Bonett-Seier test of Geary's kurtosis
This function performs Bonett-Seier test of Geary's measure of kurtosis for normally distributed data.
bonett.test(x, alternative = c("two.sided", "less", "greater"))
- a numeric vector of data values.
- a character string specifying the alternative hypothesis, must be one of '"two.sided"' (default), '"greater"' or '"less"'. You can specify just the initial letter.
Under the hypothesis of normality, data should have Geary's kurtosis
sqrt(2/pi) (0.7979). This test has such null hypothesis and is
useful to detect a significant difference of Geary's kurtosis in normally
- A list with class
- the list containing Geary's kurtosis estimator and its transformation.
- the p-value for the test.
- a character string describing the alternative hypothesis.
- a character string indicating what type of test was performed.
- name of the data argument.
htestcontaining the following components:
Bonett, D.G., Seier, E. (2002) A test of normality with high uniform power. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 40, 435-445.
set.seed(1234) x = rnorm(1000) geary(x) bonett.test(x)