On-time data for all flights that departed NYC (i.e. JFK, LGA or EWR) in 2013.
Data frame with columns
- Date of departure
- Actual departure and arrival times, local tz.
- Scheduled departure and arrival times, local tz.
- Departure and arrival delays, in minutes. Negative times represent early departures/arrivals.
- Time of scheduled departure broken into hour and minutes.
- Two letter carrier abbreviation. See
airlinesto get name
- Plane tail number
- Flight number
- Origin and destination. See
airportsfor additional metadata.
- Amount of time spent in the air
- Distance flown
- Scheduled date and hour of the flight as a
POSIXctdate. Along with
origin, can be used to join flights data to weather data.
RITA, Bureau of transportation statistics, http://www.transtats.bts.gov/DL_SelectFields.asp?Table_ID=236
Looks like there are no examples yet.