Quiver or Velocity Plot
A quiver plot displays velocity vectors as arrows with components
(u,v) at the points
quiver(x, y, u, v, scale = 0.05, angle = 10, length = 0.1, ...)
- x, y
- x,y-coordinates of start points of the arrows.
- u, v
- x,y-coordinates of start points.
- scales the length of the arrows.
- angle between shaft and edge of the arrows.
- length of the arrow edges.
- more options presented to the
x, y, u, v must all be the same size and contain
corresponding position and velocity components.
However, x and y can also be vectors.
Opens a graph window and plots the velocity vectors.