Import an Observable Notebook as HTML Widget
notebooks powered by <https://observablehq.com>) as an HTML Widget in an R
session, 'shiny' application or 'rmarkdown' document.
This package allows the use of Observable notebooks (or parts of them) as
htmlwidgets in R.
Note that it is not an
iframe embedding a whole notebook -- cells are
<div> included directly in your document or application. You can choose what cells to display, update cell values from R, and add observers to cells to get their values back into a Shiny application.
The following GIF shows a quick example of reusing a bar chart race notebook inside R with our own data.
You'll find more examples and the associated R code in the robservable gallery.
- Display an entire published or shared notebook as an
- Display specific cells of a published or shared notebook as an
- Use R data to update cell values
- Add observers on cell values to communicate with a Shiny app
- Use inside Shiny app or Rmarkdown document (as any htmlwidget)
- Named cells can be included by name, but unnamed cells are refenced by their index (1-based), which is sometimes a bit tricky to determine. An alternative is to fork the notebook and name the cell in Observable.
The package is not on CRAN yet, but you can install the development version with:
For an introduction and examples, see the introduction to robservable vignette.
For a small gallery of interesting notebooks, see the robservable gallery vignette.
For usage in Shiny, see the robservable in Shiny applications vignette (work in progress).
Functions in robservable
|to_js_date||Convert a Date or POSIXt object to a JS Date format|
|robservableProxy||Send commands to a Proxy instance in a Shiny app|
|robs_observe||Add an observer to a robservable notebook input through robservableProxy|
|robs_update||Update robservable through robservableProxy|
|robservable-shiny||Shiny bindings for robservable|
|robservable||Display an Observable notebook as HTML widget|
Vignettes of robservable
Last month downloads
|License||GPL (>= 3)|
|Packaged||2020-09-28 07:25:38 UTC; julien|
|Date/Publication||2020-09-30 09:00:02 UTC|
Include our badge in your README