Install an expression as a function
Installs an expression in the given environment as a function, and registers debug hooks so that breakpoints may be set in the function.
installExprFunction(expr, name, eval.env = parent.frame(2), quoted = FALSE, assign.env = parent.frame(1), label = as.character(sys.call(-1)[]))
- A quoted or unquoted expression
- The name the function should be given
- The desired environment for the function. Defaults to the calling environment two steps back.
- Is the expression quoted?
- The environment in which the function should be assigned.
- A label for the object to be shown in the debugger. Defaults to the name of the calling function.
This function can replace
exprToFunction as follows: we may use
func <- exprToFunction(expr) if we do not want the debug hooks, or
installExprFunction(expr, "func") if we do. Both approaches create a
func in the current environment.
exprToFunction; see that method's documentation
for more documentation and examples.