Returns up to 3,200 recent tweets from a given user
getTimeline connects to the REST API of Twitter and returns up to
3,200 recent tweets sent by these user. If the total number of tweets sent
by this user is less than 3,200 tweets, it will return all tweets.
getTimeline(filename, n = 3200, oauth_folder = "~/credentials", screen_name = NULL, id = NULL, since_id = NULL, trim_user = "true", sleep = 0.5, verbose = FALSE)
- file where tweets will be stored (in json format)
- number of tweets to be downloaded (maximum is 3,200)
- folder where OAuth tokens are stored.
- user name of the Twitter user for which his/her tweets will be downloaded
- id of Twitter user for which his/her tweets will be downloaded (Use either of these two arguments)
- id of the oldest tweet to be downloaded. Useful if, for example, we're only interested in getting tweets sent after a certain date.
- if "true", downloaded tweets will include user object embedded. If "false", only tweet information will be downloaded.
- numeric, number of seconds between API calls. Higher number will increase reliability of API calls; lower number will increase speed.
- If TRUE, provides additional output in console about API rate limits
## Not run: # ## Download recent tweets by user "p_barbera" # friends <- getTimeline(screen_name="p_barbera", oauth_folder="oauth") # ## End(Not run)
Looks like there are no examples yet.