Simulate Gauss-Poisson Process
Generate a random point pattern, a simulated realisation of the Gauss-Poisson Process.
rGaussPoisson(kappa, r, p2, win = owin(c(0,1),c(0,1)))
- Intensity of the Poisson process of cluster centres. A single positive number, a function, or a pixel image.
- Diameter of each cluster that consists of exactly 2 points.
- Probability that a cluster contains exactly 2 points.
- Window in which to simulate the pattern.
An object of class
"owin"or something acceptable to
This algorithm generates a realisation of the Gauss-Poisson
point process inside the window
The process is constructed by first
generating a Poisson point process of parent points
kappa. Then each parent point is either retained
1 - p2)
or replaced by a pair of points at a fixed distance
p2). In the case of clusters of 2 points,
the line joining the two points has uniform random orientation.
In this implementation, parent points are not restricted to lie in the window; the parent process is effectively the uniform Poisson process on the infinite plane.
- The simulated point pattern (an object of class
Additionally, some intermediate results of the simulation are returned as attributes of this point pattern. See
pp <- rGaussPoisson(30, 0.07, 0.5)