Difference of Disc Areas
Computes the area of that part of a disc that is not covered by other discs.
areaLoss(X, r, ..., W=as.owin(X), subset=NULL, exact=FALSE, ngrid=spatstat.options("ngrid.disc"))
- Locations of the centres of discs.
A point pattern (object of class
- Disc radius, or vector of disc radii.
- Optional. Window (object of class
"owin") inside which the area should be calculated.
- Optional. Index identifying a subset of the points of
Xfor which the area difference should be computed.
- Choice of algorithm.
exact=TRUE, areas are computed exactly using analytic geometry. If
exact=FALSEthen a faster algorithm is used to compute a discrete approximation to the areas.
- Integer. Number of points in the square grid used to compute
the discrete approximation, when
This function computes, for each point
and for each radius
the area of that part of the disc of radius
r centred at the
X[i] that is not covered by any of the
other discs of radius
r centred at the points
j not equal to
This area is important in some calculations related to
the area-interaction model
The result is a matrix, with one row for each point in
and one column for each entry of
- A matrix with one row for each point in
X[subset]) and one column for each value in
data(cells) areaLoss(cells, 0.1)