Generate N Uniform Random Points On Line Segments
Given a line segment pattern, generate a random point pattern
n points uniformly distributed on the
- Number of points to generate.
- Line segment pattern (object of class
"psp") on which the points should lie.
This command generates a point pattern consisting of
independent random points, each point uniformly distributed on
the line segment pattern. This means that, for each random point,
- the probability of falling on a particular segment is proportional to the length of the segment; and
- given that the point falls on a particular segment, it has uniform probability density along that segment.
- A point pattern (object of class
"ppp") with the same window as
X <- psp(runif(10), runif(10), runif(10), runif(10), window=owin()) Y <- runifpointOnLines(20, X) plot(X, main="") plot(Y, add=TRUE)