Simulate Simple Sequential Inhibition
Generate a random point pattern, a realisation of the Simple Sequential Inhibition (SSI) process.
rSSI(r, n, win = owin(c(0,1),c(0,1)), giveup = 1000, x.init=NULL)
- Inhibition distance.
- Number of points to generate.
- Window in which to simulate the pattern.
An object of class
"owin"or something acceptable to
- Number of rejected proposals after which the algorithm should terminate.
- Optional. Initial configuration of points. A point pattern
(object of class
This algorithm generates a realisation of the Simple Sequential
Inhibition point process
inside the window
Starting with an empty window (or with the point pattern
if specified), the algorithm adds points
one-by-one. Each new point is generated uniformly in the window
and independently of preceding points. If the new point lies
r units from an existing point, then it is rejected
and another random point is generated.
The algorithm terminates either when the desired number
of points is reached, or when the current point configuration
has not changed for
- The simulated point pattern (an object of class
pp <- rSSI(0.05, 200) plot(pp)