Simulate Matern Cluster Process
Generate a random point pattern using the Mat'ern Cluster Process.
rMatClust(kappa, r, mu, win = owin(c(0,1),c(0,1)))
- Intensity of the Poisson process of cluster centres. A single positive number, a function, or a pixel image.
- Radius parameter of the clusters.
- Mean number of points per cluster.
- Window in which to simulate the pattern.
An object of class
"owin"or something acceptable to
This algorithm generates a realisation of Mat'ern's cluster process
inside the window
win. The process is constructed by first
generating a Poisson point process of ``parent'' points
kappa. Then each parent point is
replaced by a random cluster of points, the number of points in each
cluster being random with a Poisson (
and the points being placed independently and uniformly inside
a disc of radius
r centred on the parent point.
In this implementation, parent points are not restricted to lie in the window; the parent process is effectively the uniform Poisson process on the infinite plane.
- The simulated point pattern (an object of class
Additionally, some intermediate results of the simulation are returned as attributes of this point pattern. See
pp <- rMatClust(10, 0.05, 4)