Compare Groups of Growth Curves
Do all pairwise comparisons between groups of growth curves using a permutation test.
- vector or factor indicating group membership. Missing values are allowed in
compareGrowthCurvesbut not in
- matrix of response values with rows for individuals and columns for times. The number of rows must agree with the length of
group. Missing values are allowed.
- a character vector containing the identifiers of the groups to be compared. By default all groups with two more more members will be compared.
- number of permutations to estimated p-values.
- the statistic used to measure the distance between two groups of growth curves. Default to a mean t-statistic.
- a numeric vector containing the column numbers on which the groups should be compared. By default all the columns are used.
- should progress results be printed?
- method used to adjust for multiple testing, see
compareTwoGrowthCurves performs a permutation test of the difference between two groups of growth curves.
compareGrowthCurves does all pairwise comparisons between two or more groups of growth curves.
Accurate p-values can be obtained by setting
nsim to some large value,
compareTwoGrowthCurvesreturns a list with two components,
p.value, containing the observed statistics and the estimated p-value.
compareGrowthCurvesreturns a data frame with components
Group1 name of first group in a comparison Group2 name of second group in a comparison Stat observed value of the statistic P.Value estimated p-value adj.P.Value p-value adjusted for multiple testing
# A example with only one time data(PlantGrowth) compareGrowthCurves(PlantGrowth$group,as.matrix(PlantGrowth$weight)) # Can make p-values more accurate by nsim=10000