Draw Rectangles Around Hierarchical Clusters
Draws rectangles around the branches of a dendrogram highlighting the corresponding clusters. First the dendrogram is cut at a certain level, then a rectangle is drawn around selected branches.
rect.hclust(tree, k = NULL, which = NULL, x = NULL, h = NULL, border = 2, cluster = NULL)
- an object of the type produced by
- k, h
- Scalar. Cut the dendrogram such that either exactly
kclusters are produced or by cutting at height
- which, x
- A vector selecting the clusters around which a
rectangle should be drawn.
whichselects clusters by number (from left to right in the tree),
xselects clusters containing the respective horizontal coordinates. Default is
which = 1:k.
- Vector with border colors for the rectangles.
- Optional vector with cluster memberships as returned by
cutree(hclust.obj, k = k), can be specified for efficiency if already computed.
- (Invisibly) returns a list where each element contains a vector of data points contained in the respective cluster.
require(graphics) hca <- hclust(dist(USArrests)) plot(hca) rect.hclust(hca, k = 3, border = "red") x <- rect.hclust(hca, h = 50, which = c(2,7), border = 3:4) x
Looks like there are no examples yet.