Check Package Vignettes
Sweave files of a package by running
Stangle on them. All
R source code files found after the tangling step are
sourceed to check whether all code can be
executed without errors.
checkVignettes(package, dir, lib.loc = NULL, tangle = TRUE, weave = TRUE, latex = FALSE, workdir = c("tmp", "src", "cur"), keepfiles = FALSE)
- a character string naming an installed package. If given, Sweave files are searched in subdirectory doc.
- a character string specifying the path to a package's root source directory. This subdirectory inst/doc is searched for Sweave files.
- a character vector of directory names of R libraries,
NULL. The default value of
NULLcorresponds to all libraries currently known. The specified library trees are used to search for
- Perform a tangle and
sourcethe extracted code?
- Perform a weave?
- logical: if
TRUEand there is no Makefile in the vignettes directory, run the weaved files through
- Directory used as working directory while checking the
"tmp"then a temporary directory is created, this is the default. If
"src"then the directory containing the vignettes itself is used, if
"cur"then the current working directory of R is used.
- Delete files in the temporary directory? This option is
workdir != "tmp".
A vignette is a file in the package's inst/doc directory with extension .Rnw (preferred), .Snw, .Rtex or .Stex (and lower-case versions are also accepted).
tangle is true, this function runs
produce (one or more) R code files from each vignette, then
sources each code file in turn.
weave is true, the vignettes are run through
Sweave, which will produce a .tex file for each
latex is also true,
texi2pdf is run
on the .tex files from those vignettes which did not give
errors in the previous steps.
An object of class
"checkVignettes", which is a list with the error messages found during the tangle, source, weave and latex steps. There is a