Check Source Packages and Their Reverse Dependencies
Check source packages in a given directory, optionally with their reverse dependencies.
check_packages_in_dir(dir, check_args = character(), check_args_db = list(), reverse = NULL, check_env = character(), xvfb = FALSE, Ncpus = getOption("Ncpus", 1L), clean = TRUE, ...)summarize_check_packages_in_dir_results(dir, all = TRUE, full = FALSE) summarize_check_packages_in_dir_timings(dir, all = FALSE, full = FALSE) summarize_check_packages_in_dir_depends(dir, all = FALSE)
- a character string giving the path to the directory with the source .tar.gz files to be checked.
- a character vector with arguments to be passed to
R CMD check, or a list of length two of such character vectors to be used for checking packages and reverse dependencies, respectively.
- a named list of character vectors with arguments
to be passed to
R CMD check, with names the respective package names.
- a list with names partially matching
"recursive", giving the repositories to use for locating reverse dependencies (default:
getOption("repos")), the types of reverse dependencies (default:
c("Depends", "Imports", "LinkingTo")), and indicating whether to also check reverse dependencies of reverse dependencies (and so on), or
NULL(default), in which case no reverse dependencies are checked.
- a character vector of name=value strings to set environment variables for checking, or a list of length two of such character vectors to be used for checking packages and reverse dependencies, respectively.
- a logical indicating whether to perform checking inside a virtual framebuffer X server (Unix only), or a character vector of Xvfb options for doing so.
- the number of parallel processes to use for parallel installation and checking.
- a logical indicating whether to remove the downloaded reverse dependency sources.
- currently not used.
- a logical indicating whether to also summarize the reverse dependencies checked.
- a logical indicating whether to also give details for checks with non-ok results, or summarize check example timings (if available).
check_packages_in_dir allows to conveniently check source
package .tar.gz files in the given directory
with their reverse dependencies as controlled by
"which" component of
reverse can also be a list, in
which case reverse dependencies are obtained for each element of the
list and the corresponding element of the
reverse (which is recycled as needed).
If needed, the source .tar.gz files of the reverse dependencies
to be checked as well are downloaded into
dir (and removed at
the end if
clean is true). Next, all packages (additionally)
needed for checking are installed to the Library subdirectory
dir. Then, all .tar.gz files are checked using the
given arguments and environment variables, with outputs and messages
to files in the Outputs subdirectory of
*.Rcheck directories with the check results of the reverse
dependencies are renamed by prefixing their base names with
Results and timings can conveniently be summarized using
This functionality is still experimental: interfaces may change in future versions.