List and Build Package Vignettes
buildVignettes(package, dir, lib.loc = NULL, quiet = TRUE, clean = TRUE, tangle = FALSE)
pkgVignettes(package, dir, subdirs = NULL, lib.loc = NULL, output = FALSE, source = FALSE, check = FALSE)
- a character string naming an installed package. If
given, vignette source files are by default looked for in
- a character string specifying the path to a package's root
source directory. This subdirectory
vignettes(or if it does not exist
inst/doc) is searched for vignette source files.
- a character vector of directory names of R libraries,
NULL. The default value of
NULLcorresponds to all libraries currently known. The specified library trees are used to search for
- logical. Weave and run
texi2pdfin quiet mode.
- Remove all files generated by the build, even if there were copies there before.
- logical. Do tangling as well as weaving.
- a character vector of subdirectories of
dirin which to look for vignettes. The first which exists is used. Defaults to
packageis supplied, otherwise
- logical indicating if the output filenames for each
vignette should be returned (in component
- logical indicating if the tangled output
filenames for each vignette should be returned (in component
- logical. If
TRUE, check whether all files that have vignette-like filenames have an identifiable vignette engine. This may be a false positive if a file is not a vignette but has a filename matching a pattern defined by one of the vignette engines.
buildVignettes is used by
R CMD build and
check to (re-)build vignette PDFs from their sources.
buildVignettes is called for its side effect of creating the
PDF versions of all vignettes, and if
tangle = TRUE,
extracting the R code.
pkgVignettes returns an object of class
if a vignette directory is found, otherwise
gVigns <- pkgVignettes("grid") str(gVigns)<!-- % because it contains paths -->