A wrapper for an external
zip command to create zip archives.
zip(zipfile, files, flags = "-r9X", extras = "", zip = Sys.getenv("R_ZIPCMD", "zip"))
- The pathname of the zip file: tilde expansion (see
path.expand) will be performed.
- A character vector of recorded filepaths to be included.
- A character string of flags to be passed to the command: see ‘Details’.
- An optional character vector: see ‘Details’.
- A character string specifying the external command to be used.
On a Unix-alike, the default for
zip will by default use the
R_ZIPCMD, which is set in
etc/Renviron if an
unzip command was found during configuration. On Windows, the
default relies on a
zip program (for example that from
Rtools) being in the path. The default for
flags is that appropriate for zipping up a
directory tree in a portable way: see the system-specific help for the
zip command for other possibilities. Argument
extras can be used to specify
followed by a list of filepaths to exclude or include.
The status value returned by the external command, invisibly.