Send a Post to R-help
Prompts the user to check they have done all that is expected of them before sending a post to the R-help mailing list, provides a template for the post with session information included and optionally sends the email (on Unix systems).
help.request(subject = "", address = "r-help@R-project.org", file = "R.help.request", ...)
- subject of the email. Please do not use single quotes (') in the subject! Post separate help requests for multiple queries.
- recipient's email address.
- filename to use (if needed) for setting up the email.
- additional named arguments such as
ccaddressto pass to
This function is not intended to replace the posting
guide. Please read the guide before posting to R-help or using this
- asks whether the user has consulted relevant resources, stopping and opening the relevant URL if a negative response if given.
- checks whether the current version ofRis being used and whether the add-on packages are up-to-date, giving the option of updating where necessary.
- asks whether the user has prepared appropriate (minimal, reproducible, self-contained, commented) example code ready to paste into the post.
- Nothing useful.
The posting guide (
sessionInfo() from which you may add to the help request.