Draw Elliptic or Circular Arc(s)
Draw one or more elliptic or circular arcs from
angle.end on an existing plot using classic graphics.
DrawArc(x = 0, y = x, rx = 1, ry = rx, theta.1 = 0, theta.2 = 2*pi, nv = 100, col = par("col"), lty = par("lty"), lwd = par("lwd"), plot = TRUE)
- x, y
- a vector (or scalar) of xy-coordinates of the center(s) of the arc(s).
- a scalar or a vector giving the semi-major axis of the ellipse for the arc(s)
- a scalar or a vector giving the semi-minor axis of the ellipse for the arc(s). Default is radius.x which will result in a circle arc with radius.x.
- a scalar or a vector of starting angles in radians.
- a scalar or a vector of ending angles in radians.
- number of vertices used to plot the arc. Scalar or vector.
- color for the arc(s). Scalar or vector.
- line type used for drawing.
- line width used for drawing.
- logical. If
TRUEthe structure will be plotted. If
FALSEonly the xy-points are calculated and returned. Use this if you want to combine several geometric structures to a single polygon.
All parameters are recycled if necessary. Be sure to use an aspect ratio of 1 as shown in the example to avoid distortion.
invisibly returns a list of the calculated coordinates for all shapes.
curve(sin(x), 0, pi, col="blue", asp=1) DrawArc(x = pi/2, y = 0, rx = 1, theta.1 = pi/4, theta.2 = 3*pi/4, col="red")
Looks like there are no examples yet.