Create Pairs of Correlated Random Numbers
Create pairs of correlated random numbers.
RndPairs(n, r, rdist1 = rnorm(n = n, mean = 0, sd = 1), rdist2 = rnorm(n = n, mean = 0, sd = 1))RndWord(size, length, x = LETTERS, replace = TRUE, prob = NULL)
- number of pairs. If length(n) > 1, the length is taken to be the number required.
- the correlation between the two sets.
- rdist1, rdist2
- the distribution of the random vector X1 and X2. Default is standard normal distribution.
- a non-negative integer giving the number of artificial words to build.
- a non-negative integer giving the length of the words.
- elements to choose from.
- Should sampling be with replacement?
- a vector of probability weights for obtaining the elements of the vector being sampled.
# produce 100 pairs of a normal distributed random number with a correlation of 0.7 d.frm <- RndPairs(n=100, r=0.7) plot(d.frm) lines(lm(X2 ~ X1,d.frm)) # change the distribution d.frm <- RndPairs(n=100, r=0.7, rdist2 = rlnorm(n = 100, meanlog = 1, sdlog = .8)) d.frm <- RndPairs(n=100, r=0.7, rdist2 = runif(n = 100, -1, 4)) x <- StrCap(sapply(sample(3:15, 10), function(i) RndWord(1, i, x=letters))) # produce some artificial words with defined probabilities for the letters p <- c(6.51,1.89,3.06,5.08,17.4,1.66,3.01,4.76,7.55,0.27,1.21,3.44,2.53, 9.78,2.51,0.79,0.02,7,7.27,6.15,4.35,0.67,1.89,0.03,0.04,1.13) sapply(sample(3:15, 10), function(i) RndWord(1, i, x=letters, prob=p))
Looks like there are no examples yet.