Income Metadata from Ilocos, Philippines
Income metadata from surveys conducted by the Philippines' National Statistics Office.
The data contains household income and metadata in one of the sixteen regions of the Philippines called Ilocos. The data comes from two of the NSO's surveys: the 1997 Family and Income and Expenditure Survey and the 1998 Annual Poverty Indicators Survey (APIS).
Since the APIS only has a six month reference period, the original data were rescaled using an adjustment factor from the quarterly GDP figures that can be obtained from the major sectors.
A data frame with 632 observations of 8 variables.
- total income of household,
- sex of household head (
- family size (sometimes averaged over two semesters),
- factor with levels
- factor indicating the particular province,
- total household income during the APIS,
- family size during APIS,
- APIS survey weight for each household.
National Statistics Office, Philippines: http://www.census.gov.ph/, where also the whole data set may be obtained.