Identify Clusters in a Dendrogram
identify.hclust reads the position of the graphics pointer when the
(first) mouse button is pressed. It then cuts the tree at the
vertical position of the pointer and highlights the cluster containing
the horizontal position of the pointer. Optionally a function is
applied to the index of data points contained in the cluster.
"identify"(x, FUN = NULL, N = 20, MAXCLUSTER = 20, DEV.FUN = NULL, ...)
- an object of the type produced by
- (optional) function to be applied to the index numbers of the data points in a cluster (see Details below).
- the maximum number of clusters to be identified.
- the maximum number of clusters that can be produced by a cut (limits the effective vertical range of the pointer).
- (optional) integer scalar. If specified, the
corresponding graphics device is made active before
- further arguments to
By default clusters can be identified using the mouse and an
invisible list of indices of the respective data points
FUN is not
NULL, then the index vector of data points
is passed to this function as first argument, see the examples
below. The active graphics device for
FUN can be specified using
The identification process is terminated by pressing any mouse
button other than the first, see also
Either a list of data point index vectors or a list of return values