Set Parameters for Loess
Set control parameters for
loess.control(surface = c("interpolate", "direct"), statistics = c("approximate", "exact"), trace.hat = c("exact", "approximate"), cell = 0.2, iterations = 4, ...)
- should the fitted surface be computed exactly or via interpolation from a kd tree? Can be abbreviated.
- should the statistics be computed exactly or approximately? Exact computation can be very slow. Can be abbreviated.
- should the trace of the smoother matrix be computed exactly or approximately? It is recommended to use the approximation for more than about 1000 data points. Can be abbreviated.
- if interpolation is used this controls the accuracy of the
approximation via the maximum number of points in a cell in the kd
tree. Cells with more than
floor(n*span*cell)points are subdivided.
- the number of iterations used in robust fitting.
- further arguments which are ignored.
A list with components
- iterations with meanings as explained under Arguments.
Looks like there are no examples yet.